OK... so admittedly I've been AWAY (where exactly IS that anyhow?)
I've been filling my time getting ready for the Until the Violence STOPS: Rhode Island 2010 festival (read, yes I am insane to organize 15 different events in a 10 day period). So, literally, I've had NO TIME to actually have a life. Not that I'm complaining...oh, yes I am.
I'm really excited that Mark Matousek, author of "Sex, Death, Enlightenment" and other books, will be traveling from NYC to RI to host a V-Men event on March 10th. I have read all his books and absolutely love his writings....and even though the event is a men's only kind of thing, I plan on sitting outside of the venue and kidnapping him afterwards before he goes back to the hotel. I've emailed and asked if he can meet me for dinner so he's been forewarned, right? Hey, life can be dangerous sometimes.
So I've been thinking about what I'm going to do with myself when this festival is over. Admittedly, it consumes at least 40 hours a week for about 6 months, so it's a big chunk to fill when the depression sets in after the last event. I've been dabbling in art journaling a bit lately and I think I might like to explore the more artistic side of my brain for a while....though it might be a very short visit. I have the best of intentions to do artwork, but what I've found is that I'm really good on the planning and getting ready to do something, not so great at the actual execution of said artwork.
Oh yeah, and besides all of that, I'm starting to have some physical issues with diabetes. How's that for a kicker? Now I have to stop several times a day and take my blood sugar to make sure I don't keel over. Diet and exercise changes coming soon....ugh.
'Nuf said for now. Got to get back to workin' for the man before he stops depositing money into my checking account.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment